Renewable Energy Grid Forum will highlight the most pressing policy, regulatory, planning, and market design challenges and opportunities for wind, solar, hydro, transmission, demand response, blockchain, storage and more
WHAT: Produced by the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE), the inaugural Renewable Energy Grid Forum — November 8, 2018 in San Francisco – will bring senior business leaders, storage and grid technology experts, system operators, financiers and top corporate energy purchasers together to discuss how to maximize the use and integration of renewable energy in America’s power markets.
At a time of massive transformation for the grid and significant momentum for increasingly ambitious state renewable and clean energy portfolio standards such as California’s new 100 percent clean electricity requirement, attendees will assess and advance efforts to promote a modernized grid that values flexibility, competition, reliability, and resilience.
Topics for discussion include the latest innovations in wholesale and retail power markets, the incredible rise of grid technologies such as storage and demand response, the role of utilities in a changing electric system, efforts to expand regional grids, the range market and policy signals to attract investment in grid modernization, and more.
A full agenda is available at: www.renewablegridforum.com/agenda
WHO: Select speakers include:
- Richard Glick, Commissioner, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Laura Nelson, Utah Governor’s Energy Advisor, Executive Director, Utah Governor’s Office of Energy Development
- Stephen Berberich, President and Chief Executive Officer, California ISO
- Mars Hanna, Lead, Global Energy Policy and Markets, Google, Inc.
- Patrick Reiten, Senior Vice President of Government Relations, Berkshire Hathaway Energy
- David Chiesa, Senior Director of Global Business Development, S&C Electric
- Neil Gerber, Global Director of New Energy, Environment and Blockchain, IBM
- Jamie Link, Director, Innovation & Technology Commercialization, EDF Renewables
- Nicolas Bosse, Senior Vice President, Government and Regulatory Affairs, Brookfield Renewable Energy Group
- Skip Grow, Managing Director, Head of Clean Technology Group, Morgan Stanley
- Colleen Lueken, Market Analytics Director, Fluence – A Siemens and AES Company
- Craig Glazer, Vice President of Federal Government Policy, PJM Interconnection
- Rob Gramlich, Founder & President, Grid Strategies LLC
- Sarah Webster, Vice President of Investor Relations, Government Relations and Corporate Communications, Pattern Energy
WHEN: Thursday, November 8, 2018 – program begins promptly at 8:45 a.m. PST.
TO REGISTER: Please contact Gil Jenkins to confirm your media pass at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.777.7584.
The American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) is a national non-profit organization that unites finance, policy and technology to accelerate the transition to a renewable energy economy. Founded in 2001, ACORE is the focal point for collaborative advocacy across the renewable energy sector, supported by hundreds of members spanning renewable energy technologies and constituencies. Every year, ACORE convenes top business leaders and policymakers at its annual forums on finance, policy and grid technology in New York, Washington, D.C. and San Francisco. For more information about ACORE, please visit www.acore.org and follow @ACORE on Twitter.