Future of Western U.S. Renewable Markets in Focus at ACORE Finance West
WHAT: ACORE Finance West, coming up on Oct. 12 in San Francisco, convenes a select group of prominent renewable energy executives, investors, corporate purchasers and other top transactional professionals to create a roadmap for continuous finance and development of renewable energy in the Western U.S.
Specific topics for discussion include:
- Renewable Energy and the Next Wave of Corporate Sustainability – Senior sustainability and clean energy leaders from Fortune 500 companies will discuss the ways in which corporate commitments are reshaping the electricity marketplace and prospects for continuing commitments in the face of a changing political and regulatory environment.
- What’s next for Solar Industry after the ITC Decision? – The recent decision by the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) raises serious concerns about the potential for tariffs that could increase electricity prices and threaten the thriving solar industry. Developers and financiers will examine how the industry will respond to sustain market growth and investment flows going forward.
- CEOs on the State of Renewable Energy Industry – A panel of CEOs from leading renewable energy companies will speak to their companies’ strategies for expansion and attaining financing, the impact of the solar trade case and tactics to deal with the prospect for tariffs, the possibility of federal tax reform and its effects on sector, shifting demands and business models for distributed generation, and the role of corporates in renewable investments.
- CA Consumer Choice, Aggregation and Grid Flexibility – Experts will take stock of the most important aspects for companies to understand when financing and developing projects in the evolving western power markets; including electric grid restructuring, state policy reforms, new technology applications and the rise of community choice aggregation.
- Financing Energy Storage – Influential market players will provide insights on the recent boom in storage deployment, how the technology will continue to shape the western electricity markets, details on project economics and challenges in securing capital.
WHO: A complete list of confirmed speakers (through 9/25) is available here. Select speakers include:
- Ira Ehrenpreis, Managing Partner, DBL Partners
- Ed Feo, President, Coronal Energy LLC
- David Giordano, Managing Director, BlackRock Alternative Investors
- Barbara Hale, Assistant General Manager for Power of the San Francisco Public Commission
- Martin Hermann, Chief Executive Officer, 8minutenergy
- David Hochschild, Commissioner, California Energy Commissioner
- Jordan Newman, Director, Principal Investments, Renewable Energy & Environmental Finance, Wells Fargo
- Cliff Rechtschaffen, Commissioner, California Public Utilities Commission
- Mark Vanderhelm, Vice President, Walmart Energy
- Steve Vavrik, Chief Commercial Officer, Apex Clean Energy
- Kevin Walsh, Managing Director, Renewable Energy, GE Energy Financial Services
- Beth Waters, Managing Director, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
- Mark Widmar, Chief Executive Officer, First Solar
WHEN: Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017 (8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.)
WHERE: The Bently Reserve, 301 Battery St., San Francisco, CA 94111
TO REGISTER: Please contact Gil Jenkins to confirm your media registration for the conference at email@example.com or 202.777.7584.
The American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) is a national non-profit organization leading the transition to a renewable energy economy. With hundreds of member companies from across the spectrum of renewable energy technologies, consumers and investors, ACORE is uniquely positioned to promote the policies and financial structures essential to growth in the renewable energy sector. Our annual forums in Washington, D.C., New York and San Francisco set the industry standard in providing important venues for key leaders to meet, discuss recent developments, and hear the latest from senior government officials and seasoned experts. For more information, visit the ACORE website and follow @ACORE on Twitter.
Vice President of Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org | 202.777.7584