The American Council on Renewable Energy is looking for an intern to help lead the transition to a renewable energy economy. Our policy/program intern will leverage his or her skillsets to support the policy and programs teams in their efforts to advocate for effective renewable energy and finance policies. The ideal candidate has strong writing and speaking skills, an interest in energy policy, and the ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment. Interns will report to the Vice President of Programs and the Senior Program Associate and will spend approximately 50% of their time on a research project of their choice. ACORE is the business voice of renewable energy, and works to develop and support policies to expand the renewable energy industry and attract needed capital to the sector.
- Conduct research on a wide variety of energy policy topics, including federal energy and tax policy, tax incentives, trends in the electric power sector, RTO/ISO markets, state renewable energy policies such as renewable portfolio standards and net metering, among others.
- Draft reports, letters, fact sheets, and other documents.
- Create a research project of your choosing (with input from ACORE staff), and present your research to the ACORE staff.
- Attend Congressional hearings, seminars and other events related to renewable energy and energy policy.
- Assist ACORE staff with managing and developing programing for ACORE’s Partnership for Renewable Energy Finance (PREF) and Partnership for Renewable Integration and Market Expansion (PRIME) programs.
Attend ACORE conferences and webinars (as appropriate).
- Currently in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Classwork or major in business, finance, public policy or related desired, but not required
- Excellent research abilities and strong writing and editing skills.
Ability to work independently, multitask, and take ownership over projects and assignments.
- Self-motivated and dependable.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working as part of a team.
- Interest in renewable energy, business and/or finance.
You are invited to apply for the internship program by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com In your cover letter, let us get to know you by explaining what you would like to gain from an ACORE internship, why you want to make a career in the renewable energy industry, and what kind of future career paths are of interest to you.