The Corporate Relations Intern is responsible for providing business development research and administrative support for the Corporate Relations Team. Interns will gain valuable experience in non-profit membership and database management, sales and business development, and first-hand knowledge of the renewable energy sector. Interns will report to the Director of Membership and the Corporate Relations Associate and will spend approximately 50% of their time on a research project of their choice. Candidates with an interest in renewable energy business, finance, and energy markets are preferred.
- Conduct background research on prospective new member organizations
- Provide strategic research in suggesting new business development targets
- Receive training in Salesforce and assist in data entry tasks
- Generate monthly membership reports
- Update member profiles on ACORE site
- Shadow Corporate Relations team on prospective member sales pitches
- Focus research project on business trends in the renewable energy industry (preferred)
- Current or recent undergraduate student or equivalent experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Interest in renewable energy, with special interest in the financial/project development aspect of renewable energy a plus
- Past marketing or public affairs internship experience preferable
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
You are invited to apply for the internship program by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com In your cover letter, let us get to know you by explaining what you would like to gain from an ACORE internship, why you want to make a career in the renewable energy industry, and what kind of future career paths are of interest to you.