Senior executives from energy, finance sectors to assume leadership role at renewables organization
For Immediate Release – November 15, 2016
Washington, D.C. — The American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) announced the election of five new members to its Board of Directors. The newly elected members include major players from the financial, renewable energy industries, and are a significant addition to ACORE’s already outstanding Board.
“I am gratified to have such a stellar new Board class,” said Greg Wetstone, ACORE’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “That such an impressive group is willing to serve, speaks well for ACORE, and also for the promise of the renewable energy sector. Our challenge now is to deliver at a level worthy of our exceptional Board, as ACORE works to accelerate the transition to a renewable energy economy.”
The newly elected Board members include:
- Jamie Evans, Managing Director and Head of U.S. Energy Solutions for Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America with the mission to bring comprehensive clean technology and energy efficiency solutions to leading organizations.
- David Giordano, Managing Director at BlackRock, where he serves as head of the North American Investment team and is a member of the Renewable Power Group within BlackRock Alternative Investors.
- Mark Goodwin, President and Chief Executive Officer at Apex Clean Energy, Inc., a full-service independent renewable energy company, where he oversees the implementation of corporate strategy.
- Ja Kao, President at Onyx Renewable Partners L.P., a Blackstone portfolio company, focused on renewable energy development.
- Raymond (Ray) Wood, Managing Director and Head of Global Power and Renewables at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, where he leads coverage teams across a variety of client sectors including regulated utilities, independent power, alternative energy and private equity sponsors.
“I could not be more pleased to welcome the new Directors to ACORE’s Board,” added Dan Reicher, Executive Director of the Steyer-Taylor Center for Energy Policy and Finance and Stanford University, and Chairman of the ACORE Board. “These outstanding individuals strengthen an already impressive Board, and I look forward to working with each of them as ACORE promotes increased investment and deployment of renewable energy.”
Four of the five new Board members were elected by ACORE’s membership, while a fifth was elected by ACORE’s Board to serve in an appointed position. New Board members will serve three-year terms beginning January 1, 2017. Mark Anderson, Vice President of EDF Inc. and a sitting ACORE Board member, was also re-appointed and confirmed by the Board to serve an additional three-year term.
More on ACORE is available at acore.org.
About ACORE: The American Council On Renewable Energy (ACORE) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to providing value to the renewable energy industry through market development, policy changes, and finance. With hundreds of member companies from across the spectrum of renewable energy technologies, consumers, and investors, ACORE is uniquely positioned to promote the policies and financial structures essential to growth in the renewable energy sector. The organization’s annual conferences in Washington, New York and San Francisco set the industry standard in providing important venues for key leaders to meet, discuss recent developments, and hear the latest from senior government officials and seasoned experts.
ACORE Media Contact:
Anna Hahnemann, ACORE