October 10, 2016
ACORE Finance West Media Contact:
Anna Hahnemann, ACORE
email@example.com; (202) 777-7548
Western U.S. Market for Renewables in Focus at ACORE FInance West
Financiers, CEOs & corporate purchasers to confront key issues facing sector
San Francisco, CA – On November 1, 2016, major renewable energy investors, developers and purchasers will gather at ACORE Finance West renewable energy finance and prospects in the Western U.S. The event comes as large corporate deals and regional policy shifts accelerate adoption of renewables – but uncertainty around future financing remains.
The one-day event, to be held at the Parc 55 hotel in San Francisco, will feature leaders from Citigroup, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, NIKE and SolarCity, along with Commissioners from the California Public Utilities Commission and the California Energy Commission.
Topics will include how to accelerate renewables deployment in support of broader decarbonization goals (including the Paris Agreement); major tech companies’ central role in growing renewable procurement; and how to attract more long-term capital to projects in the Western U.S. The full ACORE Finance West agenda is available here.
WHAT: ACORE Finance West Conference
WHEN: November 1, 2016
WHERE: Parc 55, 55 Cyril Magnin Street, San Francisco, CA
WHO: Speakers will include:
- Rob Bernard, Chief Environmental Strategist, Microsoft
- Kate E. Brandt, Lead for Sustainability, Google, Inc.
- Ted Brandt, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Marathon Capital
- Mike Eckhart, Managing Director, Global Head of Environmental Finance and Sustainability, Citigroup
- Ira Ehrenpreis, Managing Parter, DBL Partners
- Skip Grow, Managing Director, Head of Clean Technologies Group, Morgan Stanley
- David Hochschild, Commissioner, California Energy Commission
- Liane M. Randolph, Commissioner, California Public Utilities Commission
- Cyrus Wadia, Vice President, Sustainable Business & Innovation, NIKE, Inc.
- Betty Watson, Director, Policy & Electricity Markets, SolarCity
- Bill Weihl, Director of Sustainability, Facebook
- Greg Wetstone, President & CEO, ACORE
More information is available at acorefinancewest.com.
About ACORE Finance West:
ACORE Finance West convenes a select group of prominent renewable energy executives, investors, corporate purchasers, and other top transactional professionals to assess recent developments, increase deal flow and maximize opportunities for financing and development of renewable energy in the Western U.S.
The American Council On Renewable Energy (ACORE) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to providing value to the renewable energy industry through market development, policy changes, and finance. With hundreds of member companies from across the spectrum of renewable energy technologies, consumers, and investors, ACORE is uniquely positioned to promote the policies and financial structures essential to growth in the renewable energy sector. The organization’s annual conferences in Washington, New York and San Francisco set the industry standard in providing important venues for key leaders to meet, discuss recent developments, and hear the latest from senior government officials and seasoned experts.