- Has the largest tree planting program in sports to offset race emissions
- Utilizes biofuels (E15) in their race cars
- Has a memorandum of understanding between the EPA and NASCAR in 2012 to collaborate on green initiatives
- Has the largest solar farm in sports (3 MW!) at Pocono Raceway
- Has the top environmental website in sports and includes information on sustainability for fans
To learn more, visit their website: green.nascar.com
The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States. NASCAR consists of three national series (the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series, and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series), four regional series, one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) governs the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, the premier U.S. sports car series. Based in Daytona Beach, Fla., with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information, visit www.nascar.com and follow NASCAR at www.facebook.com/NASCAR and Twitter: @NASCAR.