ACORE’s Leadership Council represents the best and brightest in renewable energy – an executive forum for leaders from all corners of the industry to solve the biggest issues of the day.
- The Leadership Council, a group of high-level ACORE members representing all sectors of the renewable energy industry, convenes regularly to inform ACORE’s policy agenda, discuss strategy, and network with fellow members.
- ACORE member companies designate their top executive in renewable energy as their Leadership Council representative. A full membership list is available on our website.
- The Leadership Council hosts invite-only events at each of ACORE’s major conferences, and provides a platform for senior executives to increase their influence and reach within the renewable energy industry.
- Leadership Council members can gain exposure on a national level through speaking engagements, media interviews, press conferences, and op-eds on a wide variety of topics.
- Past Leadership Council outreach efforts have addressed gaps in private sector investment in renewable energy, called for more consistent state and federal policies for renewable energy, facilitated procurement of renewable energy by corporate end users, and illustrated the importance of establishing a national clean energy standard.
Past sponsors include:
Leadership Council Dinners are held in conjunction with ACORE’s largest conferences, providing attendees with the opportunity to network with fellow industry executives in an intimate setting.
2016 dinners will be held at prestigious venues in Washington DC, New York City and San Francisco. Past events have featured keynote speakers such as Senator Chris Coons (D-DE), Alfred Griffin, President of the New York Green Bank, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, former Governor of California.
Leadership Meetings are held regularly in locations throughout the nation, and focus on identifying and overcoming barriers to renewable energy development in the U.S.
In collaboration with,ACORE’s Corporate Procurement Working Group this year’s Leadership Meetings are focusing on a rapidly growing customer base for renewable generation: commercial and industrial end users. Large-scale renewable energy development provides businesses with the opportunity to diversify their resources, meet sustainability requirements, provide security, and significantly reduce cost in the near and long term. ACORE’s series of executive meetings connects key corporate representatives with the industry’s leading financiers, developers, utilities, and other decision makers in an effort to facilitate corporate procurement of renewable energy in the U.S.