Baker & McKenzie LLP
Mona Dajani is a partner in the New York and Chicago offices of Baker & McKenzie and has served for 20 years as the lead lawyer in complex acquisition, financing and development transactions involving energy and infrastructure facilities in the United States and around the world. She focuses her global practice on tax equity, project finance, corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions, portfolio acquisitions, construction and/or restructuring for government and private clients involving energy and clean technology companies. She has particular expertise with respect to syndicated loan and debt capital markets transactions, syndicated commercial bank debt, commercial paper programs, export credit agencies and other government guaranteed financing and risk insurance programs; the development, financing, sale, and acquisition of domestic and international energy projects; and arranging capital for new and established energy companies. She has represented a wide variety of commercial and public institutions, developers, utilities, energy and clean technology companies, private equity funds, investment banks, commercial banks, and multilateral agencies in transactions throughout the North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, India and the Middle East.
- Ms. Dajani repeatedly has been recognized as a leading lawyer by The Best Lawyers in America, Legal 500, IFLR1000, Rising Legal Stars, Law 360 and other publications.The Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2016
Mona has extensive experience with the development, financing, purchase, and sale of renewable and thermal generation projects; structuring, negotiation, and implementation of energy transactions; and state and federal regulation of the energy industry. She served various enterprises as lead project counsel in the commercialization, project development, regulatory approvals, and financing of alternative energy projects and technologies, including solar (solar photovoltaic (PV), concentrated solar, and solar thermal), wind, fuel cells/energy storage, biomass, hydroelectric, natural gas, and clean coal.
In addition, Mona represents utility-scale solar and other renewable energy clients in their power sales and renewable energy credit (REC) transactions, and she advises energy technology companies on a variety of commercial matters, national and international joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and venture and other equity and debt financings.
Ms. Dajani is an author and contributes to Energy Law and Transactions, a definitive treatise used by authorities that discusses the energy industry — covering all traditional energy sources, such as oil, gas, electricity, and coal, as well as nontraditional energy technologies and sources, such as hydroelectricity, solar, nuclear, biomass, and cogeneration — from exploration and production through transmission, distribution, and final consumption by the end-user.
- American Bar Association - Vice Chair, Project Finance of the Energy Infrastructure & Siting Committee
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN) - Member
- Institute for Energy Law - International Section
- The Energy Lawyers Network - Member
- American Council on Renewable Energy - Board Member
- American Bar Association - Energy and Resources
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts - Member
Education and admission
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D. summa cum laude)
- University of St. Thomas (M.B.A. with Distinction)
- University of Illinois (B.A. Economics and Engineering, magna cum laude)
- New York~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States
- Illinois~United States
Pro bono and community involvement
- United Cerebral Palsy - Board of Directors