The American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) is a national non-profit organization focused on accelerating the transition to a renewable energy economy. With hundreds of member companies from across the spectrum of renewable energy technologies, consumers and investors, ACORE is uniquely positioned to promote the policies and financial structures essential to growth in the renewable energy sector. The organization’s annual conferences in Washington, New York and San Francisco set the industry standard in providing important venues for key leaders to meet, discuss recent developments, and hear the latest from senior government officials and seasoned experts. For more information, visit www.acore.org and follow @ACORE on Twitter.
Title: Web Developer/Designer
The American Council On Renewable Energy (ACORE) seeks a creative technologist with diverse experience across web development, email marketing, graphic design and brand marketing fields
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, the Web Developer/Designer is responsible for directly overseeing and managing the design, development, and maintenance of ACORE websites and email newsletters. Additionally, the Web Developer/Designer will help drive ACORE's evolving creative design approach in support of the communication team's overall content marketing strategy covering multiple channels and mediums, including print, digital, email and social media.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated creative thinker that can dive into details when necessary, be deadline focused, resolve problems creatively and effectively, and ignite internal and external stakeholder enthusiasm to build momentum for communications campaigns.
- Manage web development - designing, updating and maintaining website content as required via a content management system (CMS).
- Maintain and update acore.org and our three flagship event microsites, including fielding web update requests from other departments.
- Design websites that reflect goals and specifications outlined by Vice President of Communications and project stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot any network or back-end web server issues in concert with operational IT staff and/or outside vendors to resolve.
- Research digital best practices and work with vendors to improve website functionality.
- Provide assistance and training to other staff members, as needed.
- Work with team and partner agency to implement a new organizational website.
Creative Design, Brand Collateral Management
- Design, develop and edit marketing collateral templates such as one-pagers, signage, reports, publications, PowerPoint presentations and social graphics.
- Design banners ads for use on ACORE sites, as well as sites of partner organizations -- incorporating approved identity formats, logos and trademarks to ensure proper positioning and consistency with the organization's brand identity.
- Work with team and partner agency to implement new brand identity and guidelines.
Email Marketing Design & Distribution
- Co-develop content for email marketing pieces in coordination with events, sponsorship, programs and communications teams.
- Design, code, send and track all outbound mass email communications, including weekly member newsletter and other marketing emails.
- Manage mobile-friendly email template updates as new mobile devices, technologies, and techniques enter the market.
- Write clean and compliant code to ensure proper formatting across all email client platforms.
- Maintain email content optimizations based on current marketing strategies.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver) and have worked within a CRM (e.g., Salesforce) and email marketing platform (MailChimp experience a plus).
- Proven web design competency and experience building and maintaining websites in content management systems (particularly WordPress), HTML and CSS.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Passionate about design and online marketing and keeps up-to-date with latest tools, trends and strategies.
- Knowledge of analytics and testing tools such as Google Analytics.
- Ability to build email templates that adhere to best design and deliverability practices.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, especially web and email integration with social media functionality.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail, including proficient editing and proofreading skills (AP style knowledge a plus).
- Operate effectively under pressure, can juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines and can communicate effectively with teammates.
- Enjoy being part of a team but are also able to accomplish tasks independently across the organization.
- BA/BS in web design and development, marketing, graphic design or integrated communications and/or professional equivalent or certification.
- Two or more years of digital production and/or in front-end design experience.
- Experience with photography (shooting and editing), social visuals (templates, custom, photo-based, illustrated, infographics, etc.) a plus but not required.
- Data design and visualization experience a plus but not required.
- Prior agency, industry association or non-profit experience a plus but not a required.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders, partners and other companies.
Please send your resume, cover letter, three samples of your design work and/or a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com. Interviews will be promptly scheduled with candidates that best fit the requirements enumerated above. Please put "LAST NAME, FIRST NAME - Application for Web Designer/Developer" in the subject line.
ACORE is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.