ACORE is a national non-profit organization dedicated to providing value to the renewable energy industry through market development, policy changes, and finance. With hundreds of member companies from across the spectrum of renewable energy technologies, consumers, and investors, ACORE is uniquely positioned to promote the policies and financial structures essential to growth in the renewable energy sector. The organization’s annual conferences in Washington, New York and San Francisco set the industry standard in providing important venues for key leaders to meet, discuss recent developments, and hear the latest from senior government officials and seasoned experts. Additional information is available at: www.acore.org.
Title: Senior Program Associate
Department: Programs Department
ACORE seeks a senior associate with experience in the electric power sector to support the management of ACORE programs and serve as a subject matter expert for renewables grid integration and energy storage. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting and/or managing multiple ongoing tasks and projects, be deadline focused, have strong written and oral communication skills, and resolve problems creatively and logically.
- Assist with organizing program-related events, webinars, and member meetings, including agenda development, speaker selection and coordination, attendee invitations, and logistical support
- Develop high-quality written materials, including white papers, presentations, public comments, briefings, and blogs in coordination with both internal and external experts
- Prepare content for power market program sections of website, annual report, and other external publications
- Stay abreast of renewable energy, power market, and energy storage trends and act as a point of contact for related internal and external inquiries
- Work with senior management to establish program work plans, and introduce creative ideas and approaches for consideration
- Support day-to-day program/project implementation: note and track follow-up items, manage deliverables, flag issues, and coordinate with partners and internal staff as appropriate
- Conduct research on prospective partners, members, and sponsors that support programmatic activities
- Support other tasks as assigned by the programs team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Subject matter expertise in U.S. power markets, including knowledge of the current renewable energy landscape (particularly solar and wind); energy sector policy; power market design; and energy storage developments
- Understanding of how policy affects renewable energy development and project financing
- Bachelor’s degree relating to energy, finance, business administration, or public policy
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of program and/or project-related work experience
- Fluency and comfort with applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with CRM and website management software
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Excellent research and writing skills and ability to transfer findings into effective written reports and briefs
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders, partners, and other companies
- Collaborative and collegial work style that compliments a small office
Please submit a cover letter, highlighting your specific qualifications for the position and a personal resume to: email@example.com. Interviews will be promptly scheduled with candidates that best fit the requirements enumerated above.
ACORE is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.